Friday, November 18, 2011

Fini Friday! Bits and Miscellaneous...

Hello Everyone!!!
This is it, a brief, but important Fini Friday post before plunging into the last of preparations for tomorrow's show!! What's that, you say? You didn't know you could see the creations I'm about to show you in person? Well, You Can!!!
I will have these with me at the ArtsFest in North Branch (MN, USA) this Saturday, Nov. 19th from 9am to 4pm!
So, now you know where to find them tomorrow, let move on to the Shinies!!!

The first is a new Mood Bead creation using a mood bead with the Shangri-La design.
Title: Prayerful Mood
Ingredients: Shangri-La mood bead, recycled chain and link, copper-plated pewter (USA), metal bells.



The idea behind this was to create a prayerful or meditative piece. Shangri-La is often associated with Tibet and high Himalayan retreats and I often think of the prayer bells and toning when reminded of the Tibetian/Buddhist faith. I hand-tested the bells to make certain that they all tinkled in cheerful tones before incorporating them into this design!

The second creation centers around the sold sterling silver turkey pendant. Accented with Fall/Thanksgiving/Harvest colors of fiery reds&oranges, a rich grown and a mature green Swarovski crystals, this focal mixes metals, tones and textures perfectly!
Title: Giving Thanks
Ingredients: Sterling Silver (Turkey, clasp, beads&findings), Swarovski crystals, plated copper metal & pewter (USA).



At the bottom of this post, you'll find the poster for the Arts Fest at North Branch that will give you a little more information about the show. I'll be at Booth 5E in the Middle School and I hope to see you there!!!

But before I go, I'd like to interrupt this regularly scheduled resolution of this Fini Friday with very important information. Normally I don't post anything remotely political on my business pages here on the 'Net for obvious reasons. However, this deserves to be a special exception. Most of my business is based on the Internet and there is a Bill before both the US House and Senate that would violate our Freedom of the Press as guaranteed by our Constitution as well as make it far more difficult to do business online.
Here is the link, should you choose to follow it. It will help you find your Representatives, assuming you are a US citizen.
Thank you.

And now!!! Ciao!!! If I don't see you tomorrow, I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment