Monday, February 23, 2009

Reorganzing, Clearing and Making Way...

I'm using this post to mention my progress on reorganizing my space, business and life.
I've felt compelled, as of late, to do this clearing and reorganizing. It has become more clear to me what does and doesn't work for me right now and I decided to take some time to help my space work for me.
I have reorganized a great deal of my beading station. After brainstorming about ways to improve my current workbench/area, I took the time to put ideas into action. Also, I now have excellent computer capabilities and I'm running entirely on Linux or Mac. The last is important to me. It is just another way I can reinforce my 'indie' business as well as have good-quality tools at my disposal. I cleared off my desk and it is now Admin Station. It is here that the computer, keyboard, etc. reside and any necessary paperwork, etc. I've still got a bit of tweaking to do, but the clear space is WoNdErFuL!

I also took the time to clear off the two tables that are set in an 'L' shape next to my Admin Station and contain some of the beads and tools I need to create. I have that down to one table. This was important to me as
a)I wanted a clear space with only ...oh... 10-15 projects in my immediate bead area. This helps me feel less cramped and overwhelmed and lets me focus better on the projects at hand. It also helps me sane. If I can find what I need, when I need it, I'm less likely to ponder if I've forgotten something important in the jumble of life things.
b) Since I share this space with other people and where those two tables are is an EXCELLENT Sunny Spot, I wanted to keep one table clear for others to come over with a laptop, book, or whatever and a cup of their favorite beverage and hang out in the sun.

I have a proto-type shipping station in this area, too. I'll see how this works for me and adjust as needed.

One last reflection:
Personally, though the economy is still in a downturn and many resources are limited; I can appreciate one aspect of this time. If it encourages many of us to take a thoughtful look at how we spend our resources (our time, our money, our emotions, our energy, our very lives) and jettison what no longer serves and reclaim what does or will serve us (including our politics, our governments from the local on up, where we shop and with which company and so forth), then I am happy about this, indeed. I believe that there are too many of us just surviving. Certainly I would say this both of those I care about and those I have yet to know. I would like to see more of my friends and more of this world *thrive* (with positive changes).

No comments:

Post a Comment