Monday, July 20, 2009

New Experiences!

This last week and weekend was a time of new experiences! I created my first framed art ensemble. This was fun and unusual because I wrote a poem as a match to a necklace and earring set which was then mounted in a shadowbox with the poem in the background.
I am excited to think of the possibilities of this melding of art forms and am looking forward to doing more!
I was not able to take pictures, as this was finished at the 11th hour. However, you should be able to see this art on the walls of J.S. Bean Factory, which is where it will be displayed until the 2009 Coffee Crawl this coming Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
The link to their website is here as are more details. Come on out and say HI!

Last Friday saw the Grand Opening of Audacious Alchemy, A Yoga Studio, asthetics and more! Tracy Cielto is a Kundalini Yoga Guru and the owner of AA. There is a Vibe Bar, massage by the minute, my creations as well as hand-crafted nifties from all around the world. I'm happy to say that the Grand Opening was a hit and people flocked in well after the 7pm end time.
This is just one of the creations at Audacious Alchemy. (Aurora, boulder opal, hand-dyed fiber, natural brass)

If you are in the neighborhood of University and Raymond, stop by!


I also paid a visit to a new Art Gallery over the weekend and arrangements are in motion for my creations to have a temporary home there so as to find their people. I'll keep you posted!

Whew! and now, to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment