Friday, January 15, 2010

A Glimpse of What I've Been Up To...




This photo is a good representation of what has been going on in my studio lately. It has been a mixture of creating and recreating. The recreating is mostly recreating space as I sort through boxes, bins and containers and integrate what I find into my materials. The globe and the Unique metal cap are blasts from my past; bits and parts from things that I wore as part of my everyday jewelry, and were packed up and moved from place to place as I did. Now, I have unearthed them and am letting the ideas of them simmer in the back of my mind!
The clock gears and botanical pendants are four of the resin pendants I've created recently. These are prototypes and I'm having fun playing with the resin, parts and wood. Actually, the three resin pendants at the top all have little wooden branches and trees in them. These are recycled from a fabulous wood and cork Asian landscape that was found in camper that my family purchased. Somewhere along the way, it's protective glass case was lost,and it is a delicate creation without that, so why not preserve the beauty another way?

I'm looking forward to this weekend and late Christmas celebrations with friends. I hope you-all take the time to surround yourself and connect with friends and loved ones this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment