Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Porcupine!! and other artistic inspiration while learning...


This past weekend I visited a local beadshop in Minneapolis and learned more about resins, particularly those I haven't worked with yet.

The two pendants above are made with rub-on transfers and UV Resin on wooden beads (strung on sterling and bali silver).
I hadn't had a chance to play with the UV resin yet and took this opportunity to do so.
Though I continue to prefer the ICE Resin for the most part, the UV resin has the advantage in that it cures within an hour of pouring it on the creations! Instant Gratification! (ICE Resin takes from 24 to 36 hours to cure) Also, no mixing of A and B parts as with ICE Resin. However, there is the matter of purchasing the UV lamp (around $40) so really, it is a matter of which type of resin an artist thinks she will use more for her particular purposes.

When I saw the Porcupine transfer, I knew he had to come home with me! How absolutely cute!! The other pendant is a bit more artistic and definitely sparks my creative fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment