Saturday, March 6, 2010

Travels, Thoughts and Treasures...



This is a photo of what I collected throughout my travels hither and yon yesterday. The fabric you see in most of the background is the perfect Saint Patrick's Day shirt! I was searching something both elegant and fun. I love this style of shirt. I love the mixture of vintage pictures, poetry in calligraphy and sparkly beads! The book to the right is a mixture of philosophy and spirituality. I brought it home because though it was published in the 1970's, it has many of the same ideas that are now called "New Age" and "revolutionary". I smile at that. The more things change, the more they stay the same and change, it seems. The necklace caught my eye because of the chain. It inspires visions of unexpected steampunk grandeur! I believe I can reuse the pendant and beads as well.
As I gathered these treasures together for pictures, I realized there was a theme, of sorts, to them. Words, wisdom and flowers! Many green and growing things in the pictures and words. Perhaps it is a sign of spring! Or the wonderful sunshine we've been having lately. Or perhaps a small footnote to mark the place where I'm at right now... and looking to build on.

I'll leave you with one of the quotes from this most interesting book:
"What is responsibility?
Ah-might as well ask, what is self?
It's your responsibility and your self, and no book and no person
can ever tell you anything about it."
- Paul Williams Das Energi (which translates to "The Energy")

No comments:

Post a Comment