Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday is for Whimsy!

I can't believe it is Wednesday already! I have been doing a little bit of organizing and cleaning in the studio this week. Someone else perhaps can't immediately tell that a whole lot has changed, but as I shift and move materials around, I can tell the difference. As things are culled, categorized and prepared to move out or move into their new home, I feel more focused as there are less "things" lurking around the edges of both my physical, visual space and my mental space. Now to keep this going!!!

I'm finding that making the commitment to having a particular idea/theme blog is encouraging/"forcing" me to play with creating more and I like the results so far!!!
To that end, I'm announcing another idea/theme blog entry! Ideas and inspiration are not usually the problem for me; FINISHING the ideas in some way is the bottleneck. As I reflect upon this, I am realizing many reasons, but the biggest is my fear of 'not getting it right'. And, as a very wise person pointed out to me, I'm the artist with the idea, so I'm the only one who can say whether it is right or wrong. And I am free to declare the idea/creation "right" at any time, including after major overhauls, working with the materials available and so forth. SO! Fridays will now be Fini Fridays! I'll show you the creations that have been languishing in the ideas & materials stage for an untold amount of time (or maybe I'll include that!) in their finished form! I reserve the right to report that a creation was not quite finished, as this is part of the point of this blog entry theme... the journey and the learning as I and you-all travel along.

Without further ado, here are the earring creations for Whimsy Wednesday!
The theme of "With Bells On" popped to mind and the image that surfaced was of a playful nature.. as if a Faerie (or several) were all decked out in party frocks, including bells!

Working titles are:
With Bells On: Silver
Ingredients: Czech glass, recycled metal bells, permanently-coated copper wire(USA), plated silver surgical steel earwires


With Bells On: Gold
Ingredients: Czech glass, metal bells, permanently-coated copper wire(USA), plated gold surgical steel earwires


And now for something completely different....
I brought these Fimo lavender tigers home some time ago because they are ...lavender tigers!!!
That's whimsy right there, folks!
I paired them with a wonderfully eerie green bead that matches their equally striking tiiiny little eyes.
I think these are not for the faint-of-heart!
Working (as in not finalized yet) Title: Lavender Tigers
Ingredients: Fimo Tigers, Czech glass, glass, metal, plated silver surgical steel earwires


So, there you are! I hope this post has provided you with some inspiration and giggles!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment