Monday, May 16, 2011

Fini Friday!

Hello Everyone!!

Today is a quick post as I prepare for the Psychic Faire at Lake Harriet Spiritual Community Center!!

I'm returning to this wonderful little Faire in a beautiful building nestled in the magnificent heart of Uptown Minneapolis!


So!! I have the finishing touches (or perhaps not.. if I get wild and create pendants out of some of these!) on the Fairie Shapes that you saw on Wednesday!

I poured resin over the shapes, some of them were painted with hand-coloured resin, some accented with glitter. This was a lot of fun and I'm pleased with these as a first batch! My vision was to use the resin, particularly the coloured resin as a slip on the polymer clay, much like the slip and glazes ceramic artists use on their clays and ceramics. Indeed, it seems the concept hold true for these differing materials! YAY!

There are a few other pieces that I hand-coloured in that photo as well but you'll just have to stay tuned to see what happens next with those!!

Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment