Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday!

The wind is ushering in this Whimsy Wednesday post! As you might have guessed, the wind is quite strong in my neck of the woods today, keeping a little bit of a chill to an otherwise sunny and beautiful day.
Perhaps that is why I was drawn to work with highly polished (wind-swept), precisely cut materials (a cutting wind) today?

So, there we have it.. the theme of the day must be Wind and Whimsy!
I have two pair of earring creations to show you today! Both were created from repurposed heart charms and Swarovski crystals!

Title: Vibrant Heart
Ingredients: Swarovski crystals, repurposed metal heart charms, glass, metal, gold-plated surgical steel earwires (hypo-allergenic).

I love the way the crystals play with the light as they swing back and forth in the middle of the heart charm! Pure whimsy, say I!

Title: Heart's Jewels
Ingredients: Swarovski crystals, repurposed metal heart charms, glass, metal, gold-plated surgical steel earwires (hypo-allergenic).


I love how the little rhinestone "jewels" peek out from behind the Capri Blue Swarovski crystals! Also, I've always loved the royal combination of blue and gold (Egyptians, anyone?).

These creations speak to me of summer fun... the nicely finished heart charms get a kick of whimsy, motion and colour from the vivid crystals. These are perfect for dressing up or dressing down!

And with that, I'm whirling away!
See you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment