Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday!! Guitar Piks and... Aliens!?!

Hello Everyone!!
I've had fun playing with some more unusual materials today and can't wait to show you what has grown out of this!!
I noticed a fellow artist who created necklaces and bracelets from alien head guitar piks a month or so ago and wanted to try it for myself!!! So! I found some alien head guitar piks (that glow in the dark!!!!), pierced them and played!
Here! Let me show you!

Title: AlienNation
Ingredients: Glow in the Dark Alien Head Guitar Piks, anodized aluminum, silver-plated surgical steel earwires(hypo-allergenic)

I flipped one of the earrings over so you can see the writing on the back.. it says "Roswell crash site".

I was important to me to keep the practical application of the guitar pik and so let's see how I did that with the bracelet below!
Title: Sightings
Ingredients: Ingredients: Glow in the Dark Alien Head Guitar Piks, Glow in the Dark Star Mood Bead, leather (dyed with lead-free dye, USA), sterling silver, anodized aluminum, lead-free pewter, gunmetal.

The guitar pik is suspended by a lobster-claw clasp and from the big orange ring. This means that the pik can be removed from the clasp and used to play, then simply reattached to the lobster claw! The same clasp is used to secure the bracelet to the wrist. The two beads you see near the knots surrounding the mood bead with the stars are free to move from near the mood bead to the sterling silver cord ends. I love weaving motion into my creations and so I was able to do that here!

Look for these in my Etsy shoppe by the end of this week!
See you Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment