Friday, May 10, 2013

Fini Friday! Progress!

Hello Everyone! 
Welcome to Fini Friday and the end of many folks' work week! 
In true Fini Friday style, this post is chock-full of creations in various stages of growing! 
Come walk with me and I'll show you! 
I've been playing with resin with different projects and so the next steps of growth are unfolding! 
On our first path, we are witness both a re-acquaintance and rebirth! You might remember this post where materials gathered on Walkabout were shown. 
I've brushed resin on the first side of those faux bank notes (among other things) and here are the results! 
The resin is hand-coloured with pigment and settled very nicely over the paper! The next steps are to encase the other side with resin, then pierce the paper for hanging! 
Stay tuned for that! 

Whilst we're on the path of progressing to the next growth step, here are a few more creations that received a bit of resin this week! 
 I found this distinctive necklace on Walkabout and wanted to add a Faerie touch to it! 
The pendant in the center is a paper illustration of inner watch workings secured to a wood back that I've wrapped in brass filigree. 
It is my hope that the resin will not only add beauty, yet also durability to this pendant-creation! 

As we near the end of this Fini Friday path, we're going to take a slight jog over to a creation that is beginning to grow...with a button that was brushed with golden-coloured resin a little while ago! 
I absolutely love that the Pegasus is a button! 
The suede cord, fiber and feather pendant are all materials I'm toying with weaving into this creation! As always, you are welcome to share your thoughts, dear audience, with me in the comments section! 

So! At the end of this Fini Friday path, let me mention a few upcoming events!!! 

Saturday, May 18th only! 
Many of you have seen me at this Faire offering my Sprite Creations jewellery and creations. 
However! For the first time ever!!! I'll be offering Faerie Readings during this fundraising-event! 
There will be good food, hand-made art of all kinds and wonderful insights offered, so consider joining us! 

Tuesday, May 21st from 3 to 3:30pm (CST, USA) with Cheryl Patton of 1Woman's Wisdom! 
Join us to see what insight the Faeries have for the month of May! 
See you Monday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment