Monday, April 5, 2010

On Display...

I have an opportunity to place some of my creations with a shop that opened earlier this year and I am excited about that! This place has grown by leaps and bounds so far and I'm looking forward to seeing that growth continue! However, that means that display space (tables, cases, etc.) is limited, unless I furnish it, 'cause there is just not much for furnishings yet.
So, I'm taking this as an artistic challenge! I walked around and refreshed my memory of what we have in storage and was reminded of the treadle sewing machine cabinet you see below.



"She may not look like much, kid, but she's got it where it counts" - Han Solo.
The sewing machine is gone and I was originally planning to put a piece of marble in that void and use it in our kitchen. In the meantime, I'll use it as a display! It needs a little cleaning and a bit of love, and I think it will make a fabulous "table".
I've already been rummaging through my collection of bowls, trays, etc. for ideas on how the creations will be displayed atop my unique stand.
I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment