Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Faerie Keys & Nests and New Nostalgia!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I hope your week is fabu so far!
This has been a week of many blessings and fun in my world so far!
I'm still happy every time I look at the photo of that nifty gargoyle I posted about this past Magical Monday!  Hee! He's so awesome!!!

There has also been a computer upgrade in the studio which is a great happiness! As some of you may know, we tend to run Open Source software or utilize Mac whenever possible around here and so when upgrades to my OS were needed, the switch was made to...(drumroll please)... Commodore OS !!! Yes! Yes! It is true!! Commodore is back!!!!
This is my first day test-driving the OS and I'm so pleased with it so far! It is truly bringing the fun back into computers for me!! So many visual shinies!!! And little sound effects and nostalgia - oh my! Hee hee!!!


Yet more happiness is a new Shiny to show you!
Title: Faerie Nest
Ingredients: Faerie Key (hand-coloured resin from a hand-made mold), Glass, antiqued copper wire.
This is the first of my Faerie Key series. These are keys created from hand-coloured resin I pour into a mold I made from vintage keys. I'm in the midst of refining the mold process and the Faerie Keys, so the first prototypes will undoubtedly be woven into other pendants, such as this Faerie Nest! I'm excited at the possibilities of these keys! Stay tuned to see what happens with them next!
I'll end this blog post with a heads-up as to where I and Sprite Creations will be "in person" next!
Oct. 12th, 13th and 14th, we'll be at the Saint Paul Art Crawl in the Atrium of the Lowertown Lofts Artist Coop
This is the 20th Anniversary of the Saint Paul Art Crawl and it would be lovely to have you celebrate it with us! 
Whee! 
See you Friday! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment