Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Playing With Materials!

Hello Everyone! 
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday! 
I hope your week is flowing well! It amazes me that this is Wednesday! 
I didn't have a particular idea in mind for this blog post, so I picked up some wire and beads that I haven't used in ages and played! 
This is what grew out of that playing! 

Title: Let's Play! 
Ingredients: Carved bone, Cultured Pearls, antiqued copper wire, metal, gold-plated surgical steel earwires(hypo-allergenic).
 I started with the carved bone beads because they reminded me of games that include boards with indentations in them meant to hold markers of any sort, marbles, seeds, etc. The pearls are meant to evoke the idea of those markers or game pieces as I wanted it to look like the game was in process already. The two pearls of each color hanging off the sides are the spare playing pieces that have not yet been used. I'm pleased with how this turned out and hope you are, too! 

This second creation is also a pair of earrings, again using beads that I haven't played with for a while. 
This design came together quickly and, though simple, has a lot of colour and texture going on! 
 
Title: Flowers of Industry 
Ingredients: Swarovski crystals, Czech glass, antiqued copper wire, surgical steel earwires (hypo-allergenic).
I love the idea of flowering, growth and whimsy, even in the midst of potential toxins, dis-ease and hazards. 

So, there you have it! 
Another Whimsy Wednesday at an end! 
I look forward to seeing you on Friday! 
Ciao! 

P.S. Want to know where I and Sprite Creations will be "in person" next?
Oct. 12th, 13th and 14th, we'll be at the Saint Paul Art Crawl in the Atrium of the Lowertown Lofts Artist Coop
This is the 20th Anniversary of the Saint Paul Art Crawl and it would be lovely to have you celebrate it with us! 
Whee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment