Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday!

I'm so excited to share this Whimsy Wednesday's creation!!!
Many of the materials just traveled back to the studio with me from this weekend at Supercon and it is always energizing to use newly-arrived shinies!

Let's start with a photo right off and then discuss from there:



Title is Adventures of the Heart
Ingredients: Swarovski crystal hearts, old watch parts, metal, plated silver surgical steel earwires.

See the charm just below those gorgeous Swarovski crystal hearts? That's a pith helmet!!!!! ISN'T THAT AWESOME?!!! I giggle over those every time!!! As you might have guessed, they were the inspiration for this creation and the whimsy for this post! They inspire me to think of adventure and exploration and I knew I wanted to create something a little steampunk with them! Also, they match perfectly with my theme of not-your-typical Valentine's Day offerings!!
I love the contrast of the brass watch gears along with the vibrant blue-violet of the hearts that spices up the silver and gunmetal tones of the rest of the creation!
In addition, I'm pleased with how the brass watch gears frame the entire earring creation, top to bottom. Details are so important and so much fun!

So, what adventures are we bound to discover next? Who knows?? You'll have to check back to see!


*Also, rondezvous back here with me for my notification as to when these will be offered in my online studio!
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment