Friday, July 15, 2011

Fini Friday!

Hello Hello!!
I have a little different and fun post for you today!
I spent a little bit of time out and about yesterday and brought my mobile studio to one of my favorite relatively local coffee shops Cafe Caffeine!
Laura is the lady proprietor of Cafe Caffeine and she brews a fabulous cup of chai!! In fact, she mixes her own chai powdered mix and it is definitely the best chai around in my opinion!
Not only are the beverages nummy, but she has ice cream, cookies and other tasty treats!! And Laura runs a very cool shop with a wonderful laid-back vibe! So, I stopped by for a few hours with some shiny, beady things and soaked up the atmosphere!

In honor of their place of birth, I photographed both pair of earrings dangling off of a funky metal tea cannister! Quite appropriate, don't you think?!

How is this Fini Friday, you ask?
Well, I brought along some vintage Lucite stars that I'd been meaning to do something with for a while as well as some beautifully coloured Czech-pressed glass leaves and lo! two pairs of earrings were created!

The first pair was created with the aforementioned vintage Lucite star beads and is titled
The Glamour of Stars
Ingredients: Vintage Lucite, Czech-pressed glass, copper, jeweler's bronze, gold-plated surgical steel earwires



This pair reminds me so much of the golden age of the silver screen stars such as Marilyn Monroe, Ingrid Bergman and so forth.

I loved the Czech-pressed glass leaves that inspired the design on the second earring pair! I love the unusual mix of opaque light blue and translucent warm amber! When I spied the faceted round beads with the oxidized looking finish in my drawers, I knew I was on to something exceptional! Here they are:
Title: Moonlight Forest Memento
Ingredients: Czech-pressed glass, permanently-coated copper wire(USA), silver plated surgical steel earwires



I love the mystery and the sense of a beginning of a story.. or perhaps we're jumping in right in the middle, eh?

And so, with that, I wish you all a wonderful and intriguing weekend!!
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment