Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday! Squinkies!

Hello!!
Today is a beautiful summer day and I have an absolutely endearing (perhaps I should say "enbearing"!) creation to share with you!
The bear in this creation is actually a Squinkie. I was introduced to Squinkie by an artist colleague who uses the bubbles the Squinkies arrive in for other creations and so had Squinkies left over that needed a home. Though I tried not to fall in love with them, I did, and brought home four! I think you'll see why when I show you the other three!


Did you see the mermaids? And that awesome little fox? Aren't they delightful!?
OK!! Now to the bear!!!
This is simple creation is easy to underestimate. I used fiber for the cord that feels comfortable and warm to the touch, matching sunny and light colours and completed it with little touches such as the four-leaf clover charm and simple hearts on the toggle clasp.

Title: Charming Bear
Ingredients: Bear Squinkie, fiber, metal, lead-free pewter



This creation is all about comfort, playfulness, light-heartedness and having an open heart.

Now, with such an entrancing end to the post... I'll see you on Friday!
P.S. This necklace will be in my Etsy shoppe within the hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment