Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday!

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope your weekend and week so far has been as good as mine!!! I became reacquainted with some old friends and had the pleasure of making new ones at the 10th Anniversary Celebration and Bean Factory Artist Market this past weekend! Thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit and help us celebrate!!

I have a Creation with a suitcase to show you today!! How's that for whimsy?
This started with the idea of using the mixed fiber necklace cord as I've had it in my stash for a while... and I wanted to make certain the creation was something unusual. I don't often start with pre-made cords like this as I usually like to create my own and so this was a little bit of a challenge from the start. Pairing it with the suitcase charm gave the creation a sudden infusion of both whimsy and interest. Adding the vintage-styled boot charm and a pair Swarovski crystals grew the creation in the direction of Neo-Victorian and possibly Steampunk as well as an intriguing creation! And here it is!!
Title: Traveling
Ingredients: Swarovski crystals, Czech glass, fiber, metal.



In composing this blog entry, this creation seems quite appropriate as I'll be doing a great deal of traveling for the month of August!

So there you have it!
The Whimsy Wednesday post is now leaving the station!
I'll see you on Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment