Friday, April 19, 2013

Fini Friday! Christmas in April?!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Fini Friday!
I hope this week has been good to you (so far)! It has and is snowing in our neck of the woods!
We received about a foot of snow yesterday and it looks like more is on the way. Why do I mention this? The snow is so beautiful! I took photos! I also started experimenting with turning Christmas ornaments (given to me a few years ago) into earrings, hence Christmas in April! Let's start with a photo of that gorgeous snow! I like how the snow swathes everything in a soft, clean, winter white!

Next up! A photo of the set of those ornaments I mentioned!
Aren't they lovely?!  I see all sorts of possibilities with them!

So! Let me show you what a few pairs of ornaments grew into!
Title: As Yet Unknown
Ingredients: Czech glass, Artistic wire, plastic ornament, silver-plated surgical steel earwires (hypo-allergenic).
 
 Title: As Yet Unknown
Ingredients: Czech glass, Artistic wire, plastic ornament, silver-plated surgical steel earwires (hypo-allergenic).

The idea behind both of these was to nab them and some wire and create from there!  I love the Czech glass drops and wanted to play with the spiral texture of each ornament!  The iridescent, pearl-like ornaments have a vintage feel to me and so played with that feeling, while the brilliant blue ornaments were more vibrant, modern and fun!  They have a more electric and eclectic sense of grace about them! 
I'll have these up for adoption at my upcoming show, barely a week away!
What show is that, you ask?
Why the... Saint Paul Art Crawl!   I'm so pleased to be a returning Guest Artist at the Lowertown Lofts Artist Co-Op - in the 3rd Floor Atrium!
Come on out and see me Friday, April 27th; Sat. April 28th and Sun. April 29th!
Click the links above for details!
See you Monday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment