Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Whimsy Wednesday! Starting Out Slowly...

Hello Everyone!
Welcome back to Whimsy Wednesday!
This is my first day back to the Intertubes after a week away! Whew!  There is a lot going on this summer!
I'm pleased to say that the lovely creation below was adopted at the CONvergence Art Show!  
Title: Home is Where the Heart Is
Congratulations to both person and creation!
YAY!

I'm slowly easing back into the swing of things after the unpacking and etc. and thought I'd show you a few of the things I'm up to as that happens!

These are a few photos of a mini picket fence that covers one of the window on our house. 
These were painted white (of course!) some time ago, and are sorely in need of another layer of paint protection!

I do so love to paint and really enjoyed doing something creatively-mundane outside in the sunshine!  It is also addicting to see something be transformed by something as simple as a coat of paint!
Here is the "After" photo!

As the painting progressed, ideas for more colours and images popped to mind.  I'd love to be able to paint more complex things on that wonderful backdrop of white, so we'll see what grows into completion!
In the meantime, the paint will be allowed dry overnight and be treated to the same brilliant white to the other side.
I hope your summer is fabu and I'll see you on Friday!
Whee!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment