Monday, February 22, 2010

Shifting and Thawing...

I decided to capitalize on the momentum of last week and the Blog Hop and post three times a week, starting this week. Monday tends to be a day full of preparation and reflection; goals for the upcoming week and further time ahead, administrative tasks to help me begin the week. Today,in particular, is a day full of thawing outside and shifting inside. Outside, this is a day of sunshine and warm temperatures whilst inside are paperwork and clean-up tasks that go along with the shifting and moving of furniture and other things. I am preparing for electrical work in the house and all of this shifting of rooms and furniture are more steps closer to completing the construction!

So, I'll leave you with a photo of a few goodies I picked up a few weeks back. I fell in love with this lampwork bead of a fish in his natural environment (I seem to have an ocean/fish theme on my mind lately..huh...) and a few fabulous bits of Moss Agate. It is these two fabulous pieces I'll use to tie into the subject of this day's blog. They remind me of the cycle of freezing and thawing. The stone on the left is a tableau of thick, solid ice and what gets frozen inside. The stone at the bottom reminds me of ice that is thinning as it thaws, revealing more of what has been encased all winter long.



I'll leave you today with a warm winter wish! I wish for you a day of sunshine, warmth and beauty of life revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment