Monday, June 28, 2010

One Thing Leads to Another...

Life is very much like a Fixx song right now!
Minneapolis Pride is over and it was a weekend of mixed experiences. We tried out early set-up this year and that went quite well! Very pleased with ourselves, we went on with our errands and evening plans. Then the storms came through and, given the reports we received, we started to worry. So, we drove back to Loring Park to check on the tent and canopy. To our relief, ours was standing strong!
Pride was a lot of fun despite the weather, which continued to be very changeable. So changeable that all the vendors were told to clear the Park early, due to severe weather!
Sunday's weather was absolutely beautiful!
And lots of fabulous people!!!
A BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE who stopped by to say HELLO!!!,give hugs, compliments and just chat for a bit. I was very proud to be a part of this Diversity Celebration.
Sadly, Sunday ended on a sour note. It appears that two necklaces and a pendant walked away during the last few hours of the show. All I have to say about that is to quote a friend and fellow artist when she mentioned a special hell for those that shoplift from Artists and Artisans. On the bright side, this led to brainstorming new booths arrangements that might actually cut our set-up and tear-down time considerably while providing more security for the creations. That would be a blessing!

So, here are some photos from the weekend!







By the way: For those of you who inquired about me quoting costs for some of the materials I've used in my creations, please contact me privately for that information. Thank you.
And! The Next BIG THING: CONVERGENCE!!!!!
I'll have some of my creations in the Art Show, as always this year, but I have NEWS!!!
For the first time, I'll be in Artist Alley this year!!
Come on down and see me Friday from 1-2pm creating Jewelry and Saturday at the same Bat Time and same Bat Place doing Faerie Tarot Readings!
I've been pondering what exactly I might do for these demonstrations and I'll be at the Alley with my Dremel, drill bits and laptop keyboard keys in hand!!
And since there really is no better way to demonstration Faerie Readings except to have one done, that's what I'm up to on Saturday.
If there is a creation you've seen as of late that you'd like to purchase at CONvergence, please contact me and I'll make certain to bring it.
And now... on with the preparations!

No comments:

Post a Comment