Monday, August 9, 2010

Bits and Bobs of News!

With the latter part of last week being taken up with preparations for a Birthday Gathering, my updates have become a little disjointed!
So, let me take you back to the last full weekend of July...Saturday, the 24th to be specific! I was fortunate enough to spend some time with two of my closest friends from college and their friends and family. One of those friends moved Across the Pond to England during our college days and so visiting with her was a rare treat! We all met at the Mall of America because her now-teenage-daughter (My! How time flies!!!) wanted to shop there. It was much fun, much laughter and not nearly enough time to catch up!
There was a request for me to bring my jewelry creations to the reunion and so I discovered how to pack my creations for travel and outfit myself with a traveling adoption/sales kit (as it were). I was able to fit everything into a medium-sized purse/bag that would still be comfortable enough for 4-6 hours of shopping. Whew!!
I am pleased and honored to say that both college chums and the teenage daughter found creations that they liked and so now I have some creations that are residing happily in Englad!!! WOOT!
I am also flattered to note that one of the creations purchased was a High School Graduation present to a niece!!! AWESOME!!!!

That takes us to the weekend of July 31 and August 1st.
I was in Saint Paul at the JS Bean Factory for their Bean Factory Artist Market.
This was an excellent weekend, with a small but diverse fair or artists and, of course, excellent coffee, tea, frappes, munchies and Live Music!!!
Bonus was that we were able to get a sweet spot under the coffee shop's awning, so that we didn't have to set up our tent! YAY!
I've some photos down below!
Photos are provided by Sprite Creations and Suzanne Gabois-Thomas, a guest photographer.




Which brings me to our next show!
Sprite Creations will be making our first appearance at the Deerwood Summerfest in Deerwood, MN, USA. In a slight change from our usual shows, this festival runs Friday, August 13th from 9am to 5pm and Saturday, August 14th from 9am to 4pm. Don't look for us on Sunday, 'cause we won't be there!!! *grin*

And then! A Break! Our next show will be mid-September when we again return to the Bean Factory Artist Market the weekend of September 18th and 19th.
In the meantime, you can catch up with Sprite Creations via our website , our blog or our Etsy shop

See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment