Friday, September 9, 2011

Fini Friday! Geometrics...

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Friday!!
Much good news! The weather promises to be absolutely beautiful this weekend and I have nifty things to share with you-all!

First up! A pair of earrings that I "upcycled" by hand-painting hand-coloured resin on a while back. I hadn't had a clear vision of what to do with them, but were determined not to let them sit anymore! This is what FiniFriday is all about!
As I was sifting through my bead drawers, my eyes fell on the vintage Czech-pressed glass flowers that perfectly complimented the blue-green sparkle in the resin pigment and the earrings were born!
Here they are...
Title: Geometrics
Ingredients: Vintage Czech glass, hand-coloured hand-painted non-toxic resin, metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires.



Let's finish up with a little peek into my studio today! Today was a day when I truly loved my job and I'll show you why...



These are new Faerie Messages in a Bottle that I created today. This means I got to play with flames and fun, whimsical things but most of all... GLITTER!!!! ...or Fairy Dust, whichever you like! Can you see the Fairy Dust that spread hither and yon on my work surface? Oh no!! WHATEVER SHALL I DO???!! I HAVE GLITTER EVERYWHERE!!! Woe is me!! Heeeheeeheee!!! And now, with that fun start to the weekend... If you are in the Cambridge, MN, USA area, stop by and see me at the Fall Art Festival tomorrow from 10am to 3pm! The show organizers are partnering with The Refuge to bring in donations to support their work with victims of domestic abuse. More details on the flyer below...

Otherwise..HAVE FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment