Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday! Playing with Paint and Doors!

Hello Everyone!!!
Welcome to this week's Whimsy Wednesday!!
I have something completely different for you-all today! It's a little peek into some of the aspects of my non-studio life. Today was just such a gorgeous day that I decided to play with paint on finish some maintenance projects at the same time. My colour palette was a bit monochromatic as playing with a clean, bright white was the order of the day. However, I think you'll agree with me that things look much better and the various bits of wood are now protected from the vagaries of Minnesota weather for a good while to come!
SO!! The Before photos...(actually this is after I scraped and sanded the old paint off)
The top and side of our door frame:

And the After!


A few other doors that received a newly daubed coat of paint!




And now.. the Whimsy!
This is the base coat of paint on a wood access panel on the side of our house.
I've plans to create a Faerie Door on this panel.
Whether that Door will be entirely of paint or will entail framing an actual tiny door remains to be seen! You'll have to tune in to see what happens next!! See you Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment