Friday, January 6, 2012

Fini Friday! Flights of Fancy!

Hello Everyone!!!
We've made it to Friday!!! YAYAYAYAYY!!!
Remember when you were younger than you are now and you loved to play with marbles and dream about fantastical creatures such as dragons, unicorns and faeries? Well, that's what this post is all about! Both of the creations I have to show you today fit this criteria as well as the theme of Fini Friday, since they have been languishing for some time and have now grown into completion!

Let's take a gander at the necklace first!
Title: As Yet Unknown (Although "Losing My Marbles" seems an obvious choice...)
Ingredients: Glass marbles, coated copper wire, anodized aluminum, leather (lead-free dye), sterling silver, metal.

Each one of those marbles is wire-wrapped by hand and each has a different design of wire that encircles and secures them! The marbles are woven together with jumprings in a mobius design and in rainbow colours! Last little details include a leather cord (dyed with lead-free dyes) and clasped at both ends with sterling silver cord ends as well as a vibrant violet ring as part of the clasp!
A friend of mine gave me the marbles last year and I'm so pleased to have been able to play with them!

Okay!! So there is the reference to childhood... how about the creatures of fantasy?
Do I have a treasure for you (literally!)
First, a bit of background...I found the beautifully intriguing Czech glass beads at Let It Bead in Monterey,CA some years ago. It is an enchanting little bead shop and Kris, the owner, was bursting with knowledge and creativity! I need to go back there soon!! But I digress!
So, these lovely beads have been lying in wait for the perfect design and they always reminded me of dragon scales! But to embark upon a design worthy of their mysterious gorgeousness took a bit of time! However, I believe I've done it and they've grown into beguiling beauties!
Title:Dragonscales
Ingredients: Czech glass, lead-free pewter(USA), black copper wire, surgical steel earwires (hypo-allergenic).

Incidentally! These are also listed in my Etsy shoppe!

I hope you enjoyed this brief journey with me and I look forward to seeing you on Monday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment