Friday, May 25, 2012

Fini Friday! Homing In...

Hello Everyone! 
Welcome to Fini Friday! 
I hope your week has been excellent! As I was gathering photos and words for today's post, I realized that there has been much focus on uncomplicated, mundane, home-oriented tasks in the last few days! I'm betting it is because of previous extremely busy weekend of shows and other activities extending from Thursday to Tuesday! There are always projects that take a side-line when busy-ness ensues and I've found pleasure in simple activities such as mending, sewing, laundry and composing jewelry designs this week!
While my stitching skills are modest, I was pleased with how the patch on my favorite pair of jeans turned out and thought I'd share with you a little bit of art that those jeans now wear!  The patch is merely white with a subtle paisley pattern, but to me, that subtlety is rather sensual in it's texture and detail.  And really, your favorite pair of jeans should be sensual... after all, they're your favorite pair of jeans because they are worn to the point of comfy-right?!

This second photo is a bit of creations still growing and a bit of loot that I nabbed while on Walkabout today!  The sunny yellow organza gift bags are destined to hold earring and perhaps bracelet creations for those who adopt them at shows and possibly even on my Etsy shoppe!  The charming book on the left is titled "A Friend is Someone Who Likes You" and is a sweet and heart-felt book about just that subject!  And again, I noticed I was gravitating towards all things simple and comfortable, yet interesting and full of detail!  The three necklace creations you see are in the middle stages of growth and just need to be completed, with a few finishing touches of awesome clasps and etc.!
There you are, then!  Another Fini Friday...well.. Fini!
Before you go... take a gander at where to find me in June!

 June 2nd - Saturday - 10am to 6pm Johnstock!
This is near Crafty Planet all along Johnson Street in NE Minneapolis!  Come on out and support local businesses and artisans! 

(On the Web)
Tuesday, June 19th 3-4pm (CST, USA)
BlogTalk Radio Interview with Cheryl Patton of 1Woman's Wisdom!  We'll be talking about Fairie Message #8!

June 26th - Sunday - 10am to 5pm Arts and Crafts Show
This is at the (Air Conditioned!!) Temple of Aaron, along the lovely Mississippi River in Saint Paul!  
There will be paintings, photography, jewelry, leather goods, painted tiles, knit and crochet items, cards, fiber and cloth art and much more... over 50 vendors!

Speaking of focusing on the simple and heart-felt...I want to wish all of you a Safe and Happy Memorial Day weekend, even if you don't celebrate the Holiday.  My Thanks to all of you who have given of yourselves in defense of your loved ones or who are heros in any capacity!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment