Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Heat and Light!

Hello Everyone! 
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday! 
I hope this mid-week check-in finds you well! 
I've had a busy week so far with many things both within and without the studio! 

I'll show you a little of what's been going on outside the studio first! This is a photo of an old claw-foot tub we acquired from my Aunt-in-Law a bit ago. It's been stored for a while and was unearthed during some outside clean-up. My elementary school library had a similar claw-foot tub, filled with pillows, in the center of it. I was fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time there! We hauled this tub home with the idea to recreate that in our home! My husband suggested the brilliant twist on that concept, which was to put it on our deck for "sun-bathing"! I am pleased to say that it works quite well for that! YAY WARMTH!  

And now, a little peek into what happened in the studio!
A new creation! 
Title: Fire Leaf 
Ingredients: Czech glass, acrylic, metal, artistic wire, gold-plated surgical steel earwires(hypo-allergenic).
  
These were pure experimentation from start to finish! I found a bunch of beads of a particular colour palette and played! I knew I wanted to create asymmetrical earrings of a more organic design and Lo! these were born! 
More warmth and FIRE!!! 
YAY!!! 

That's it, then, for Whimsy Wednesday! 
Have a magnificent next few days and I'll see you here for Fini Friday! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment