Friday, October 5, 2012

Fini Friday! Woodland Critters Fini and Loot!

Hello Everyone! 
Welcome to Fini Friday! 
I hope this week has treated you well so far! 
I've a finished creation and shinies to show you today! Whee!!! 
First up is the finished creation!  If you remember, I was working on creating a bracelet with leather and a collection of "Forest Critters" buttons on Wednesday.... I'm pleased to say that there were no set-backs today and the bracelet is fini! 
Title: Forest Critters 
Ingredients: Leather lacing, plastic buttons
I'm so pleased to be able to use the porcupine button as the clasp! Just slip him in-between the forest brown and green leather lacings on the opposite side and voila! He'll keep his compatriots (Deer, Owl, Fox and Beaver) securely dancing around your wrist! Very fun! 

I traveled to a Gem show this past weekend and have some of the loot to show you today! 
I've ideas for the chalk Turquoise skulls to the left in the photo. I'll probably whip up a few pairs of earrings for Halloween and/or the Goth at heart. It was also suggested that the beads look like owls when turned upside down...so you can bet I'll be playing with that as well! 
I'm looking forward to working with all the fabulous chain shown here! I'm particularly pleased to be able to debut the matte black leaf chain at the far right. This is a new finish for this type of chain and I've ideas for it already! That piece of metal that is reminiscent of a shepherd's hook is a bookmark blank!  Now to attach shinies!!! YAY!!!  I'm really looking forward to creating Steampunk and Neo-Victorian wares with the rectangular beads with the scroll designs.  And sparklies in the middle are just fun!  Stay tuned to see what grows into completion with those!!  Woohooo!!!

So there is a little bit of what I have to celebrate!  I hope this weekend brings much for you to celebrate, too!
Speaking of celebrating... I and Sprite Creations will be helping the Downtown Saint Paul Artists celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Saint Paul Art Crawl Oct. 12th, 13th and 14th in the 3rd Floor Atrium of the Lowertown Lofts Artist Coop
It would be grand to have you celebrate it with us! 
Whee! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment