Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Lights, Cat and Dracula! ...and Zombies!

Hello Everyone!!!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I have a spookily-whimsical blog post for you today!
Mwuuuuaaahhhahaaahaha!!
Let's start with the lights and cat!
I found this cat light on Walkabout today and just had to bring it home! I'm usually pretty minimal about my seasonal decorations (I'd rather spend the resources on loved ones than on things) and so any additions have to be quite worthy before I'll bring them home. I think we call agree that this is worthy! Heee!

The last portion of this post are some highlights from the 20th Anniversary of the Saint Paul Art Crawl, which I and Sprite Creations celebrated with the Artists of the Lowertown Lofts Co-op!
For those who are unaware, the Crawl starts on Friday evening and is open through Sunday early evening.
Saturday evening also happens to be the Zombie Pub Crawl in Downtown Saint Paul! Hundreds of people dress up as zombies and have a good time shambling about! It is really quite a remarkable sight!! The make-up is absolutely AMAZING!!!!  We never expected to be visited by a small horde of Zombies at our spot in the 3rd Floor Atrium of the Lowertown Lofts, but these fine ghouls took the time to stop by and mob our table! Feast your eyes on the scene above (Courtesy of the PhotoGhoul that accompanied them)!

Fortunately, Faeries and Faerie Friends don't seem to be very appetizing to the Undead as we emerged unscathed and they continued on their never-ending quest for BRAINS! So Much Fun!! My many thanks to that throng of wraiths for including us in their spirited adventures! I hope that when this is reposted to Facebook, they'll tag themselves in the photo so I can give proper credit and Thanks to them for livening an otherwise dead last moments of Saturday evening at the Crawl! (HA!! See the pun?!)

Ahem... Ok!
Speaking of the Undead... let's chat about Dracula for a moment! Or atleast the first actor to play Dracula - Bela Lugosi!
This necklace was born in 2010 and created around the coffin-shaped pendant and the photo-reproduction of Bela Lugosi in his famous role as Dracula! It's title is Undying Elegance and that sums up my assessment of Mr. Lugosi's Dracula! He did such an astounding job of creating a creepy and dangerous, yet intriguing and sensual villian! Bravo!
So... why mention that in this post? This creation found it's perfect partner this weekend!!! The lady who adopted it is writing a book about vampires that is filled with humor, whimsy and originality! (That's all the more I'll say about it, as it is not yet published...) If that is not enough of a fabulous connection with the necklace, she told me a story about her father that sealed the deal! Her father was a soldier in World War I (as was Mr. Lugosi) on a train in Europe. As he landed in a seat on the train, he turned to the man seated beside him and exclaimed, "Are you Dracula?!" Bela replied in the affirmative and the tale was resolved with the description, "And my Dad spent the next 2 and 1/2 days partying on the train with Bela Lugosi!" Absolutely marvelous!!! And so here is that creation that found such an excellent home!
And there you have it!
I'll wrap up this Whimsy Wednesday with mention of a newly-scheduled show coming up this weekend!!
This Saturday, Oct. 20th, I and Sprite Creations will be celebrating All Hallow's Eve with the fine folks at BellaLuna
We'll be there from 10am to 6pm for all your Faerie Finery and Halloween shopping needs!
Come join us!
See you on Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment