Monday, November 5, 2012

Magical Monday! Art and Fantasy into Real Life!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Magical Monday!
I hope your weekend was filled with warmth and joy!
I've some really nifty bits of Art that have been transformed from fantasy into real life to show and tell today! If that isn't Magical, I don't know what is!
Let's start with the more "Artsy" bit of Magic...
The idea of the Booooooom + Adobe Remake photo project is to remake a famous work of art using photography.
More details, photos and credits are here!
I, personally, liked the photo remake of this painting by Van Gogh's, titled Bedroom in Arles.  It is about half-way down the page of submissions, which means you should have plenty of time to immerse yourself in the wonderful level of creativity and talent on display!

The second bit of magic I have to show you is Fantasy literally made into reality! 
A giant Gollum (from Lord of the Rings books & movies) installation at a New Zealand airport!  Details and credits are found here! W
hat an incredible amount of work, time and talent went into all of that! I wonder what J.R.R. Tolkien would think of it? I bet he would be astonished, astounded and amazed!

And our last bit of magic for today is a light-hearted video that was made in response to the recent selling of all things StarWars to Disney.  Click here to view the YouTube video!
My heart goes out to that poor StormTrooper who can't get a drink! All in all, I have to say that this is a brilliant thing! 
Let's wrap up this post up with a little note of a show I'll be at this weekend!

Get a jump-start on your Winter Holiday shopping and support independent, local artists at the same time!!!
Shop Local 
Saturday, Nov. 10th Only! 
9am to 6pm  
Upper Carriage House 
314 Clifton Avenue, Suite 300 
Minneapolis, MN 55403
It would be grand to see you there!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment