Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Owls, Cats and Colours!

Hello Hello! 
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday! 
This has been a very interesting and productive week for me so far and I hope it is the same for you! 
I've been busy with creations that were in-statis as we waited for the finishing materials to arrive. The materials did arrive and so I have finished creations to show you today and Friday! 
Whee!!! 
Let's begin with the most whimsical first! 
(Working) Title: The Perfect Companions for a Psychedelic Trip 
Ingredients: Lampwork glass owls, Swarovski crystals, lead-free pewter(USA), metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires(hypo-allergenic).
I really love these unusual owls! I wanted to keep the design simple, both to highlight the fabulous feathered friends and to create something that would be equally at home with casual jean-based outfits as well as club wear! I wonder if these would glow under black-light?! Hmmmmmm! 


These next earring creations are all about whimsy and elegance! 
Title: Miss Kitty 
Ingredients: Lampwork glass kitties, Czech glass, lead-free pewter(USA), metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires(hypo-allergenic).
Miss Kitty's expressions are so droll that they encourage me to giggle! I love the little pink dots reminiscent of a bow just below her right ear! I gave her accenting pink cathedral-cut Czech glass beads just below her chin so that she would have a very elegant collar...as all well-mannered cats should! Hee! 


And now to take the Whimsy in a different direction! These earrings are fun in the way the colours of the furnace glass and the faceted vintage Czech glass play with the light! 
Title:  Playing with the Light
Ingredients: Furnace glass, vintage and non-vintage Czech glass, lead-free pewter(USA), metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires(hypo-allergenic). Designing asymmetrical art and creations is always intriguing and I'm quite pleased with how these turned out! 

Speaking of art and creations, you can see these and many other creations "up-close and personal" this weekend at my first show of November! I'll be with a smaller group of independent, fine artists offering an early opportunity to shop for your Winter Holidays or for those who have birthdays in November and December! 
Come browse through fabulous art and gifts in a more intimate setting in the heart of historic Uptown Minneapolis!
Shop Local 
Saturday, Nov. 10th Only! 
9am to 6pm  
Upper Carriage House 
314 Clifton Avenue, Suite 300 
Minneapolis, MN 55403
It would be grand to see you there!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment