Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Whimsy Wednesday! Fairy Berries and Flowers!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I hope your week is full of laughter and warmth so far! I've been involved with a good bit of learning new things this week! I've also come off of a small streak of BlogTalk Radio interviews, both of which I really enjoy!
I'm beginning to look ahead to March, the start of Shows and the first peeps of Spring! I've new ideas that will grow into completion between now and the first show, so stay tuned!
The creations I have for you today are in perfect keeping with what was just described above and life at this moment!

Title: Fairy Berries: Blooming in Winter
Ingredients: Swarovski crystals (Purple Velvet), Czech glass, acrylic, metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires.
I love the luscious bits of dusky colour that surround the snowy bead-cap on each of these earrings. These are reminiscent of winterberries, fairy-style! (Hmmm... perhaps that would be a better title!....I'll think on it!)  I'm getting hungry from all of this thinking about berries!  Yum!

Working Title: A Fairy Flower, for Luck 
Ingredients: Vintage brass, Czech glass, metal(vintage and new). 
The golden-toned metal flowers are vintage, as is the silver chain from which they are suspended! These are cast brass and so the edges in the back were a bit sharp. I filed them down to a more comfortable texture. This design began with the vintage flower castings, especially when I noticed the center holes might be large enough to thread a chain through. I knew it was to be a silvery-toned chain because I love to mix metals! Not only is the contrast of colour and texture intriguing, but it means that this jewelry can be worn with a large variety of other accessories and clothing ensembles! Rarely can I create something monochromatic and so the burst of colour with a fairy flower was in order! Other little details include a four-leaf clover and leaf charm, all in that shiny, shiny silver! 
It just occurred to me that these could be wedding earrings! Something old (the vintage brass flowers), something new (the Czech glass), something borrowed (the repurposed vintage chain) and something blue (the fairy flower!)! How exciting! 
Look for these in my Etsy shoppe tomorrow! 
And that concludes this Whimsy Wednesday post! 
Come on back for a visit on Friday and see what I've been up to! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment