Friday, February 15, 2013

Fini Friday! Creation and Resolution!

Hello Everyone! 
Welcome to Fini Friday! 
I hope your week has progressed swimmingly, so far! This has been an interesting week both creatively and using my time constructively! I'm stretching and preparing for new-ish things to me as well as dealing with a lot of paperwork. 
This Fini Friday is really a good reflection of my week and so let's get started! The first project is finished, though not in a way I normally care for. 
You might remember this Fini Friday where a simple necklace creation featuring a lampwork glass Geisha and pearls was starting to grow into completion. Today seemed like the perfect day to complete the creation and so I started wire-wrapping. Take a look at what happened next! 
Unfortunately, I wound the wire a little too tight (the heavier-gauge wire is also a bit more cumbersome to deal with) and that lovely focal bead sheared right in two! The bead could be glued back together, but I am reluctant to do that as the spot where the bead sheared off is one of the major stress points of the focal pendant. I wouldn't be able to trust that it would hold up. The hunt for another Geisha bead may (or may not) prove successful, yet it feels as if this idea is resolved. It feels as if it could be laid to rest as complete and the other materials moved along to other projects. This may be the first time I've done this with one of my designs! 

The second creation I have to show you fared much better! I introduced you to this design during this Fini Friday. I'm happy to say this pendant is now complete! 
Working Title: Vintage Ride 
Ingredients: artisan-crafted Furnace glass (USA), vintage German glass, Czech glass(some Vintage), lead-free pewter, antiqued copper wire.
I had a lot of fun wrapping these lovely beads into the vintage bike charm! The pendant looks part Faerie and part Vintage/Art Nouveau with a nod to Steampunk and tip-toeing through Goth! I'm not certain yet if it will remain only as a pendant or be incorporated into a necklace! I am in love with what it grew into, though! 
So, that's it for this Fini Friday! 

Here is what I have going on this weekend and into Tuesday of next week! 
I've a newly-scheduled BlogTalk Radio Interview this Sunday!
I'll be chatting with Marie and Beth of Divine Goddess Radio at 6pm(CST,USA) about Faeries and Freedom! I'll answer some of the most common questions I receive about Faeries and impart a specific message for this listening audience. Perhaps that will include you? 

And I'll be back on the BlogTalk Radio air in a few days with Cheryl Patton of 1Woman's Wisdom! 
Tuesday, Feb. 19th 3-3:30pm (CST, USA) A Special February Message From the Faeries! I'm not giving any hints, so hop on over for a listen that day to hear their message!
Both of these will be in the archives for later listening if your schedule does not allow you to listen to me live! 
I'll see you on Monday! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment