Friday, March 8, 2013

Fini Friday! A Rosy Life!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Fini Friday!
I hope this week (so far) has not been too arduous and that you have many fun things planned for your weekend!
I'm pleased to have two new creations to show you today that grew out of materials that have been languishing far too long (in true Fini Friday fashion!)!
Let's start with the earring creation first!
Working Title: Tree of Life
Ingredients: Bone and wood, Czech glass, lead-free pewter (USA), metal, surgical steel earwires.
The focal pieces of these earrings are bone and wood cunningly fashioned into a tree of life design! I love mixing metals and had fun mixing the shiny silver with a bit of warm copper, mirroring the contrast of bone white (HA!) and dark wood! The Czech glass accent bead is a beautiful combination of shimmering metallic-matte and clear copper! I also love throwing in many different textures into what seems, at first glance, to be a clean and uncomplicated palette! WHEE!!!! The Tree of Life focals have been with me since last Fall and this is the first creation that's grown out of them! 

This next creation grew out of materials that have been lounging about for more than a few years now! 
Let me show you! 
Working Title: The Rose Garden 
Ingredients: hand-carved Jasper rose, Rose Gold-plated brass chain, hand-made brass clasp (Thailand), wood, metal, Jeweler's Bronze.
I brought the hand-carved Jasper rose home many years ago.  I selected it because of it's beautiful shape as well as the small streak of yellow at the bottom of the rose!  The chain is has a hefty elegance to it.  It is brass over-layed with Rose Gold.  If you look closely, you can see that there are vines in raised relief twining all along the links of the chain!  I adore creating with fabulous little details such as that!
 
Here is a view of that same necklace on dress-maker's dummy!
 
So that's it for this Fini Friday!
Before I go, I'll mention my first show of 2013!
Burst Into Spring!
It is in Cambridge, MN, USA and details are here
It would be grand to see you there! 
In the meantime, I'll see you Monday! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment