Friday, November 8, 2013

Fini Friday! Open and Closed!

Hello Hello! 
Welcome to Fini Friday! 
I've a finished creation to show you today that is a bit different than jewelry! 
Let me recall to mind this Fini Friday post featuring the new materials acquired. Now! 
Let me show you what has grown into completion!
The bag open....
And the bag closed...

Interesting details include the stitching along the bottom. 
I hand-stitched the bottom with a pattern that developed as I was stitching. Once the bottom was done, it reminds me of basket-weaving! 
The side is finished with an cross-stitch, with the fabric left unhemmed. It intrigues me to think that the edges will fray over time (only to the point of the stitches, of course) and I'm looking forward to seeing how that adds dimension and detail to the bag! 
Other bits I love are finding the perfect ribbon to use as a drawstring!  That fiber strand flows beautifully between the rich golds and browns into vibrant green and back again!  YAY!!!
So there you have it! 
The fini of this Fini Friday (and this creation!)


Before you go, I've an event coming up this Sunday to share with you!
Sunday, Nov. 10th from 12noon to 6pm....
1st Year Anniversary Celebration - Fluevog Minneapolis Store!!!
Click here for the Event Page on Facebook!
Click here for the Minneapolis Fluevog Store webpage!
I'll be offering Faerie Readings!
There will be Live Good Music, puppets, MN RollerGirls, nibbles and beverages, door prizes and exclusive VOG stuff!!
It will be fun! 
Come help us celebrate!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment