Friday, November 22, 2013

Fini Friday! Showing Off the Skulls!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Fini Friday!
Today has been a happily busy day for me as I prepare for my show tomorrow (amongst other tasks)!
I've a new creation that has grown into completion and will be available for adoption tomorrow!
Let me show you!
You may remember this Fini Friday post and the collection of beads and ideas introduced...
Here is what the yellow skulls grew into!
Title: As Yet Unknown
Ingredients: Howlite(dyed) stone skulls, vintage Czech glass, glass, leather (lead-free dye), sterling silver, aluminum, base metal.
I loved the idea of creating a multi-layer leather bracelet along a Day of the Dead and/or rainbow-faerie-skull theme!  
I also wanted to incorporate motion, texture and meaning into the creation.  Motion (and therefore the bracelet doubles as a fidget toy- YAY!) is found in the collection of beads on either end of the bracelet...whilst texture abounds in the colour-rich, faceted vintage Czech beads and smaller, shiny foil-lined beads.  
The knots provide a different contrasting texture and the silver double-heart toggle clasp echoes the overall shiny and light-ness of the creation!  The heart clasp also softens the effect of the skulls and evokes the Day of the Dead inspiration.

A few updates and news before I close...
I and Sprite Creations will be returning to the Arts Fest in North Branch (MN, USA) this Saturday! 
Spot 5E in the Middle School Cafeteria (same as last year) is where you'll find me from 9am to 4pm!  (I'm in the yellow area on the diagram!)
There is food, arts and crafts of every kind and truly something for everyone! Seating is just across the way from me to rest your weary shopping bones! 
Beat the "Black Friday"/Winter Holiday shopping rush and feel good purchasing local, hand-made goodies and supporting independent artists and craftsfolk!  
$1 admission gets you all of this and a shuttle from the High School to the Middle School and back again!
See you there!!!

Also!!
The November Message From the Faeries has been rescheduled! 
We had a few technical difficulties and so the interview has moved to Tuesday, November 26th at 12Noon (CST, USA)!  
Join Cheryl Patton and me as we discuss the whimsical and practical tips and tricks the Faeries have in this gracious month of November!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment