Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Whimsy Wednesday! Improvements and Insights!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!  
I've a small completed project to show you as well as an recorded interview that is wonderfully whimsical!
Let's get started!

First! The completed project!
This is a suitcoat that I've had for quite some time.  One of the buttons fell off a while ago and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it.  It was high time that happened and so I looked around for its replacement!  I found the perfect buttons, taken off a vintage faux fur ladies jacket, and sewed them on!
And here they are!  I love those buttons because they echo the pin-striping of the jacket and draw attention, but not too much!


And now, for a link to that interview I mentioned above!
This is an interview in 2010 with Benoit Mandelbrot, the Father of Fractals.  He himself seems quite whimsical and yet a profound thinker, to me!  The other reason I'm sharing this with you is that he says some insights that really resonate with me and might with you too!
"Sometimes declaring a problem impossible is also a great advance."
"A formula can be very simple and create a universe of bottomless complexity." 
These two quotes are my favorite insights from the interview!
Feel free to leave a comment and let me know yours!


A few bits of news for you before I close this post...
I and Sprite Creations will be returning to the Arts Fest in North Branch (MN, USA) this Saturday! Spot 5E in the Middle School Cafeteria (same as last year) is where you'll find me from 9am to 4pm! 
There is food, arts and crafts of every kind and truly something for everyone! Seating is just across the way from me to rest your weary shopping bones! 
Beat the "Black Friday"/Winter Holiday shopping rush and feel good purchasing local, hand-made goodies and supporting independent artists and craftsfolk!  
$1 admission gets you all of this and a shuttle from the High School to the Middle School and back again!
See you there!!!
Also!!The November Message From the Faeries has been rescheduled! 
We had a few technical difficulties and so the interview has moved to Tuesday, November 26th at 12Noon (CST, USA)!  
Join Cheryl Patton and me as we discuss the whimsical and practical tips and tricks the Faeries have in this gracious month of November!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment