Thursday, March 10, 2011

Winter Enchantment!

That's the title of ArtBeads Blog Partners Design Theme and the title of the creation I'm about to unveil!
I've been blessed to have some absolutely gorgeous days (and nights) abounding with winter splendor and I've been storing up that inspiration. I knew I wanted an asymmetrical design, focused on this Antique Brass Fairy Link Charm and offset by the stunning Antique Brass Filigree Snowflake and the beautifully mysterious Antique Brass Vined Heart Link. The Antique Brass tones are reminiscent of the dormant trees and vegetation that peeks out from underneath the glitter of the snow. My color scheme was born! I knew there was no better representation of that incomparable sparkle than Swarovski crystal and so chose Swarovski Margarita and Teardrop Crystal beads. Just to add a little whimsy, I included Leaf Chain in Silver and 4-Leaf Clover Chain in Silver!

As you might recall, I experimented with coloring resin last week and was thrilled that the hand-painting on the Fairy Wings and Clasp turned out so beautifully!
Take a look!



See the icy blue-green on the Fairy's wings? And the flowers sparkling on the clasp? That's the hand-painting I mentioned!

This creation took longer than I anticipated as the design changed and grew while it was coming to life!
For instance, see the chain from which the Faerie hovers in the photo above? As you may notice, those are not the original links that the Silver Leaf Chain hung from. I restrung the leaves onto antique brass jumprings. This solved several problems neatly, but took some time!
Another bunch of details that bear drawing attention to - the wire wrapping!!!
As I was creating the accents and dangles with the Filigree Snowflake, the wrapped loops all end flush with the beads and wire. This is in perfect keeping with the precision of a snowflake crystal. Oooo!! And doesn't that Swarovski Marguerita bead remind of a shiny snowflake falling through the air? Yup! HAD to center that in the middle of the Filigree Snowflake - it was a moral imperative!


However... when it came to the Vined Heart Link, I noticed all the wire-wrapping on the dangles developed tendrils.. that matched the wire-work securing the Swarovski White Opal Heart and that flipped over to holdthe leaf charm. See that, there?


It is always fun to see what develops even with a design that is nearly completely planned out!
So, below you'll find a photo of the complete necklace
Titled: Winter Enchantment
Ingredients: Brass links and Filigree (USA), Swarovski crystal, antique-brass copper wire(USA), Swarovski crystal (White Opal, Crystal AB), non-toxic resin, Czech glass, metal.


I hope you find this creation as Enchanting as I do!

Feel free to browse the other beautiful creations at the ArtBeads Blog Partner Winter Enchantment Gallery here

See you soon!

Legalese: I have received the following products free of charge from ArtBeads.com and I am honestly reviewing them. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received: Swarovski Crystal Margarita and Teardrop Beads in Crystal AB, Antique Brass Fairy Link Charm, Antique Brass Snowflake Filigree, Antique Brass Vined Heart Link, Silver-Plated Four-Leaf Clover and Leaf Chain.

Beads

No comments:

Post a Comment