Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Land and Air!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!!
I hope your week has been most excellent so far! I've been busy in the studio! I've made progress putting it back-to-rights after neglecting my organization a bit as well as creating more!
I've a few more unusual creations to show you today! They are more unusual because of either the materials or the subject of the focal bead!
So let's get started!
This first creation has two titles that popped to mind!
Title 1: Air Spirits
Title 2: Air Travel
Ingredients: Acrylic, Swarovski crystals, hand-finished brass filigree, Czech glass, cut crystals, antiqued copper wire, steel and magnetic-metal neckwire.
I'll be interested to see which title you-all like better! Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts! The materials of this creation are a bit unusual in that I don't usually use a lot of acrylic, especially for the focals of my creations. However, the swallow and the butterflies are really quite dramatically simple and beautiful!
I suspended them from antiqued copper wire and Czech glass that seems to change colours with the light. Further embellishment came with the cut crystals and hand-finished brass filigree, accented brilliantly with Swarovski crystals that match those fascinating butterflies! I love the mix of modern and vintage in this creation!!!

The next and final creation features a cute little fellow that is unusual in that I haven't created with a hedgehog before!
Title: As Yet Unknown
Ingredients: Green Girl Studios Hedgehog bead(fine pewter), Czech glass, lead-free pewter, rayon and quartz adjustable neckcord.
I just love the little hedgehog dude and have been waiting for some time to create something that is just right to feature him in! I believe this is it!
A title hasn't yet popped to mind, but I'm open to suggestions!
Look for these to appear in my Etsy shoppe shortly!

My next and final show of 2012 (it is so weird to type that!) is the 20th Annual Women's Art Festival! Come join us at the Midtown YWCA in Minneapolis, MN (USA)!
Saturday, Dec. 15th only!
10am to 5pm.
There will be live music all day, an on-site coffee shop and art of all kinds and for all budgets!

And with that, have a fabulous rest of the week! 
I'll see you on Friday! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment