Friday, March 9, 2012

Fini Friday! Sea Scarf!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Fini Friday!
I hope your week has been grand! Once again, I'm pleased that the Fusion Beads March Blog Challenge has coincided with my Fini Friday theme! Today's Blog Challenge idea is to embellish something and I'd picked up three scarves a while back with an eye towards attaching beads to them in some fashion. I took this opportunity to finish one of them!
Here is the scarf unembellished!

And here she is, The Sea Scarf!
Ingredients: Czech glass, shell, thread, Fray-Check, rayon, metallic thread.
and a little closer view...

The last 12 inches or so of each end of the scarf have excellent quality Czech glass and natural shell beads lovingly sewn in between the wonderfully soft rayon fibers. There are a few metallic threads woven in here and there for a bit of flash and shine! Fish, shells and ocean-coloured bits peek out from what is reminiscent of fishing netting! These embellishments truly glow in the light!

This creation are available for adoption in my Etsy shoppe now!
So there you have it!!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment