Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Celebrating Spring!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I hope the weather where you are is as beautiful as it is here!
I've two creations to show you that were inspired by the Fusion Beads March Blog Challenge and also enabled me to play-yet again- with wire!

I am proud to show you this creation that was inspired by the Fusion Beads Blog Challenge to create a ring! I've a good bit of experience with wire-wrapped rings and so I wanted to challenge myself by using something that had no holes or obvious means of securing it to the wire-wrapping of the ring. I found a lovely glass cameo in my studio stock and decided to play with it and the wire! I'm so pleased with how it grew into completion! Have a look!
Title: Lady in White
Ingredients: Glass cameo, antiqued copper wire.
And a view of the right side...
I love the contrast of colours and styles. Some of the wire-wrapping pulls this a bit towards the Steampunk style, which is fabulous! This ring and it's colours are reminiscent of the in-between time of warm sky and rich earth-tones, just before the little shoots of green peek through the ground!
And speaking of green peeking through...
I created this pair of earrings on the same day as the Faerie Lanterns. To me, these earrings celebrate both Saint Patrick's Day and Spring!
Title: Forest Jewels
Ingredients: Czech glass, glass, Artistic wire, gold-plated surgical steel earwires.

I love the mixtures and textures in these earrings! The mixture of greens, the texture of translucent, faceted glass with opaque and variegated textures, and the geometry of the faceted beads with the organic loops and tendrils shaped in the wire. With all the hues of green in these, I'd say they are bursting forth into Spring (rather than a more modest peeking through!)
Even better is that these are now in my Etsy shoppe!

Well, I hope this encourages a Spring (HA!) in your step, a sunnier outlook to your life and I'll see you on Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment