Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! A Heart-y Post!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I'm back in sync with the Fusion Beads March Blog Challenge of the Day! The challenge for today is to take apart existing jewelry and create something new with it! I picked up this damaged bracelet a while back because the raised hearts caught my eye and I wanted to see what I could do with it and some resin!
The bracelet is originally a gold-toned, soft metal.
Here is what it looks like with the resin hand-painted on!


Once the resin part was complete, I disassembled a few links from the bracelet and created earrings with them!
See?
Title: Brilliant Hearts
Ingredients: Upcycled heart links, painted with hand-coloured, non-toxic resin, Czech glass, metal, gold-plated surgical steel earwires (hypo-allergenic).

I love the flash of luminescence, texture and motion the faceted Czech glass beads lend to these earrings!

I have a second pair of earring creations to show you! These are part of a donation for a friend who is a breast-cancer survivor and is raising funds to further breast cancer research! Many of the folks in her family are or have served in the U.S. Armed Forces and so one of the fundraising events is at a V.F.W. Post. Why is this relevant? The night of the event just happens to coincide with NASCAR night at this particular V.F.W, and so naturally, wrenches have to be involved with at least one of the donated creations!
Title: Heart-Wrenching II
Ingredients: Swarovski crystal hearts (Rose), metal, lead-free pewter, sterling silver earwires.

Aren't these just fun? It always amuses me to combine Swarovski crystal in traditionally feminine colours with unusual and unexpected materials!

So there you have it! A heart-felt post! (ha!)
I hope the rest of your week is filled with joy and I'll see you on Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment