Friday, March 30, 2012

Fini Friday! Flowers and Fire Fae!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Fini Friday!
It's a day when many end their work week and look forward to a few days off! I, too, am looking forward to some time to relax! I have not had an overabundance of patience today, for no specific reason that I can fathom. I decided that this ties in perfectly with Fini Friday as one of the ideas behind showing you-all my creative process was to show the good, bad and the frustrations!
So! Here it is...the source of a bit of my frustration today....

Doesn't that look so sweet and innocent? Hardly a thing to be frustrated about, I know... This was originally inspired by a celebration of Spring and I do love the soft colours, flowers and sparkly of the Swarovski crystals! This is a simple bracelet design and I think that is adding to my dissatisfaction. Something so simple shouldn't be taking so long to grow into completion! Yet, you can see, on the left-hand side, that the cable was cut too short (kinking, crimping and other problems are to blame) and so I'll need to restring and recrimp all of this again. And so I have decided I am going to let the frustration go and leave the creation be for now and return to it another time.

As a finish to this post, I have a set of old friends in new digs to show you!
The earcuff:
Title: Fire Fae
Ingredients: Swarovski crystal (Fire Opal), Czech glass, antique brass-coloured copper wire, gold-plated metal earcuff.


Title: Fire Fae
Ingredients: Swarovski crystal (Fire Opal), Czech glass, antique brass-coloured copper wire, hypo-allergenic surgical steel earwires.

These earrings and earcuff creations would make a lively and unconventional ensemble! Interestingly enough, they are both in my Etsy shoppe now!

So, here we are, at the end of the post and looking forward to whatever our week-ends hold!
I wish you much fun, warmth and beauty and I'll see you on Monday!
Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can't see the frustration in the final result. If only people knew how much time and energy goes into our art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon! Thanks for stopping by! Thanks so much for that! I know! I think that's why art classes in all levels of school are good as are artists who demo everywhere... Ren Fests, on the street, on the TV, Art Shows, etc. People really start to get an idea of how much goes into every piece!
    :)

    ReplyDelete