Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Animanic!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I have more Squinkies to show off as well as reacquainting you with an old friend viewed in new ways!
The Squinkie creations are both earring pairs and one happily coincides with the Fusion Beads March Blog Challenge for today!
Today's Blog Challenge is to make a piece inspired by an animal and here is my contribution!
Title: Penguin Pair
Ingredients: Squinkie Penguins, Bali silver, Czech glass, metal, surgical steel earwires.

I love the fact that these penguins are two different colours!
Title: Pas de Deux
Ingredients: Squinkie Penguins, Bali silver, Czech glass, metal, surgical steel earwires.

I'm so thrilled with the title! It is an old ballet term that popped right into my head as I was pondering this creation! It is literally translated from French as "steps of two", and is a type of duet in ballet! Awesome!

And now, an old friend! You might remember this post where I shared some of the nifty backgrounds I picked up on my adventures out and about! I've already found a creation that is a natural match for that wonderfully vibrant sun and moon background!
Here he is....
Title: A Little Batty
Ingredients: Hand-carved boxwood flying bat ojime, fine pewter bat (Green Girl studios), Czech glass, Swarovski crystal, metal.
The focal
The clasp and other detail...

Does this look spookily fabulous against that background?
By the way, all of the small-linked segments are 13 links in length! Isn't that fabulous?!

So, there you have it, all sorts of animals abounding today!
All of these will be up in my Etsy shoppe by tomorrow!

See you Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment