Friday, August 9, 2013

Fini Friday! New Inspiration!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to this edition of Fini Friday!
I've a bit of old and new for you today!
Let's start with the old... or should I saw, resolved!
You might remember a few days back on Whimsy Wednesday that I was colouring art on the "Spritemobile"!  I didn't yet have the web url completed and now I have!
Take a look!
I am so pleased with this!!
YAY!

And now for the new!
This is a photo of some new additions to my studio and home!  The bells and incense/Genie lamp are all brass, with a handsome patina on them.  The lamp reminds me of Aladdin and his story (of course)!  I'm keeping it close to the studio, so as to inspire me in magical ways! *wink*
The bells have beautiful, mellow tones and have inspired a mixed-media art creation that I'll fill you in on in time!  It represents art I'm prepared for yet have not yet stepped into!
Whee!

The marbles you see there are at least 50 years old...with the more dull one in the centre being likely 70 years old (or more)!  I love their vibrant colours and mellow, enchanting textures! 
And finally!  Those two plastic swords were acquired during a social outing a little while ago.  I brought them home because the idea of creating jewelry with them amused me so much!

I've worked with them a bit, mostly sanding down the sharp plastic edges. 
They will become earrings and are slated to stay prototypes.  I'll be testing them to see how much of a stabbing hazard they are with normal wear. 
Whilst I love the idea of them, safety is a HUGE priority for me!

Stay tuned for updates, as they happen!

Speaking of updates...before we cruise into this Summer weekend, I'll mention this!

My next BlogTalk Radio Interview is scheduled!
I'll be chatting with Cheryl Patton of 1Woman's Wisdom about (the often whimsical) Faerie Wisdom specific to the month of August!
It would be so much fun if you could join us!
See you next week!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment