Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Whimsy Wednesday! Breathing Colour Into Life!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I hope your week has been filled with fun and frolic so far!
I've a fabulous bit of whimsy to share with you today!
A while back I purchased these...
They were to help with "arting-out" our vehicles. I spent a sunny afternoon decorating the primary conveyance we use for shows and travel with spirals, suns, stars, moons, vines and all sorts of things. It was marvelous and fun!
Unbeknowst to me, these colours run and fade when exposed to rain.
And so my creations washed away with the rain the next day! Ah well. There are many, many types of art that are meant to be impermanent...Hopi sand drawings, Tibetian Buddhist sand Mandalas and so forth. So I was in good art company.
Fast forward to now.
I decided to take some wise advice and draw my beauties on the *inside* of the glass where they will stay unmarred by nature or bird or beast! And here is what grew up!  










These last two photos are of the back hatch window. I'll draw my website url in between the vines when I have a moment to co-ordinate writing the letters backwards! 



Where is the whimsy in all of this?  Why, the colouring of a car and all of the symbols and doodles therein, of course!
Whee!!!!


Speaking of whimsy... my next BlogTalk Radio Interview is scheduled!
I'll be chatting with Cheryl Patton of 1Woman's Wisdom about (the often whimsical) Faerie Wisdom specific to the month of August!
It would be so much fun if you could join us!
See you Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment