Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Whimsy Wednesday! New Inspiration!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!  

This is a bit of Magical Monday, a bit of Whimsy Wednesday and a lot of an artist's life! 
I've photos of what I've named my Faerie Friday (which you can read more about here) and I'll share those soon!!

There has been much travel, time spent in the woods and cultivating of ideas in around here lately!  It is good and I look forward to sharing those insights and creations in their time.

This post is about sharing some of the treasures collected on Walkabout this weekend.  
 Here we see a few lengths of different chain as well as gorgeous pendants!  I've used the black leaf/feather chain before and really enjoy the look it imparts to specific creations!  It was time to play with more of it!  The bar-style chain is unusual and more difficult to find, so homeward-bound it came with me!  I love to experiment with the uncommon and this chain is no exception!
Dragonflies seem to have captured the imagination of the folks around me (as well as mine) lately and I had to bring this beautiful one home!  The lovely heart pendants whispered ideas to me even as I was procuring them!  That is one of my more favorite moments of an artist's life!

These are a small collection of stone and glass animals and a singular glass shape.  The sparkly black bead at the top of the photo is that unique thing.  I'm not certain if it was meant to be an owl...or a PacMan Ghost or ...?  I love Goldstone (which is a man-made glass) for its luster and this was so strange I had to create with it!!  Can you spy the Elephant, Lion, Cat and Dragonflies?  Dragonflies were a minor theme on this Walkabout and these nifty stone and Goldstone examples were cute enough to bring back to the studio!
The electric blue cat is carved in a curled ball and is reminiscent of a blue moon.  There is a story and a creation wrapped up in that!  And who could resist the majesty of a lion and elephant! YAY!
There may be new creations with some of these materials at the Saint Paul Art Crawl....just sayin'!
Stay tuned for more details!

Speaking of that Art Crawl...I've an update!!! 
I'll be on the 3rd Floor Atrium, rather than the previously-mentioned 4th, so do look for me there!!!
And now.. the details!!!
The Saint Paul Art Crawl Friday, Oct. 4th through Sunday Oct 6th!  3rd Floor Atrium of the Lowertown Lofts Artist Co-op!
We're doing a new thing this Art Crawl!! 
Myself and other Artists throughout the Crawl are creating and hiding one piece of FREE art somewhere in the downtown St. Paul area! 
I'll use Twitter (sc_amysprite) to give clues as to where to find the Art as the Crawl commences! 
SO EXCITING!!!! 
Hope to see you soon!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment