Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Keys!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!
I have all sorts of things about keys to show you today!
But first! I wanted to give you an update on what happened with the two pairs of earrings and bracelet (you can see one of the earring pairs here and the bracelet here!) that were donated to be part of a friend's fundraiser for Breast Cancer! The earring pairs were grouped together as one auction item and the bracelet as another. I'm happy and proud to say that the earrings sparked a bidding war! That is so awesome!
OK! Onward!
Let's start with keys that might not pop to mind right away for some of you - computer keys!
Title: Home is Where the Heart Is
Ingredients: repurposed laptop keyboard key, hand-made furnace glass heart(USA), coated copper wire, anodized aluminum, silver-plated surgical steel earwires.

I hope you see the pun!
I actually rip the keys off of a defunct laptop keyboard, drill them out with my Dremel and create from there! Eco-friendly creativity at it's best!!! Woohoo!!

Title: Can't Stop the Signal
Ingredients: repurposed laptop keyboard keys, Czech glass heart, metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires.

Yup! Those are the "signal" and "max sound" keys from a laptop keyboard! These are especially for all of you Firefly/Serenity fans out there!
Both of these earring creations can be found in my Etsy shoppe here and here!

And one last little bit of whimsy for today!
I started this lanyard some time ago, as a gift for a friend. She is a fellow cat-lover and when I saw the shoelaces with the most cheerful cat (with a star on it's collar!) EVER!!! I had to play with it! I wanted to make something practical and fun for her and so... Voila!

A lanyard with a keychain and clippy thing at the bottom! She has two cats, both grey and, of course, they needed to be included ! Those are the two grey fellows you see at the bottom! One has a very colourful bead at the top of his head as he seems to like being a well-dressed cat, wearing ascots and so forth in colours that offset his classic, elegantly-hued fur!

So there you have it! Keys abounding everywhere in this post!
I hope you have a fantabulous week and I'll see you on Friday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment