Friday, January 4, 2013

Fini Friday! Recreating the Wild West!

Hello Everyone! 
Welcome to the first Fini Friday of 2013!!! 
It still feels strange to type that! I imagine it will for a month or so! 
In keeping with the Fini Friday purpose of showing what has grown into completion; I've a new, completed design/creation and one re-design to show you today! 
Let's start with the newly-complete creation! 
You may remember a few Fini Fridays ago, when I showed you a few charms that I picked up while on Walkabout. 
I immediately knew that the stagecoach and cowboy boot charms were to be used in chunky, funky earrings and that the design was to be completely assymetrical! I added a few little details and voila! An earring creation! 

Title: Wild West 
Ingredients: lead-free pewter(USA), acrylic, silver-plated surgical steel earwires. 
The stagecoach and cowboy boot charms are a warm, old leather hue with burnished brass faux antiquing. This is a fabulous juxtaposition with the shiny silver-tone of the sheriff's badge (of course!) and horseshoe as well as the plated silver surgical steel earwires! All charms are suspended from the earwires by warm, antiqued copper coloured rings. I am really so pleased with how these turned out! 
FYI: They are in my Etsy shoppe now! 

This next creation is still growing into completion and is a re-design of an older Sprite Creation. 
The first photo is of the original design.
The second photo is the beginning of the ReCreation, starting with the pendant! I decided to keep the "Y" necklace design as well as the variety of small yet colourful beads. It is a simple concept, yet charming and cheerful! 
Again, I am so grateful to be able to work with better materials and techniques in the midst of this creation! I had no idea that the original beads I used for this necklace were not colour-fast! Yet, it appears that even sitting in a drawer all these years is enough to wear the colour off of most of the beads! Yikes! 
These are the things learned as one continues in their craft! 
Stay tuned to see what the original necklace grows into! 
That's it for this Fini Friday! 
I'll see you on Monday! 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment